Stop boot lid vibrating - Automotive Dec 6, 2017. Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:28 am . This video is for the DIEHARD penny-pinchers who don'. The rear shelf is a complete biotch/pain in the ass to remove,and i broke some clips putting it back on. sometimes the trunk lid surface vibrates on the trunk lid cross braces. Cheap Car Sound Deadening Materials | The Best for The Money These are approximate sizes. #12. Find air gaps. Jul 9, 2020. How To Stop Rattles! Car Audio Install Begins - Best ... Sometimes it is the car jack, or something in the trunk, wrap it in a towel and stow it. I know this grill is just for looks as there is no speaker under it. I put about 4 coats and its still thin. I did sound deaden the gate of my van a little just to stop my 6 x 9 rattle - along with creating better baffles -, and it helped significantly with SQ and midbass response. you would have to dynamat just about every surface on the trunk to stop the rattles. Amazon has huge rolls for cheap. Trunk Rattles from Subwoofers - ecoustics.com So my sub rattles at low vol (2) but sounds perfectly fine at higher volumes. These holes are where we will be stuffing our sound insulation to stop the deck rattle. I think I found the solution. Laying a plastic tarp will prevent damage to your vehicles interior. Go to the roofing gutter section and look for peel and seal. considering how cheap dynamat (there may be a better brand now, its been 6+ years since i researched/tested sound deadening) its worth it to order a metric ****ton and go crazy. The only way to decrease rattling (you can't stop it completely) is dynamat. With the two main causes of unwanted noise fixed, you may notice that the rattle is completely gone. As far as the tail lights remove them and use foam tape on them. thanks. Okay I thought of a way you can check if your speakers are gone or not. Usually the license plate is the first thing to rattle on the trunk. Latches, say, for the glove compartment or console lid, usually can be adjusted. (Yes it will fit) I have to say that just about 98% of the bass rattle has dissipated. Hey guys I installed two 10 in subs in my car about a week ago and the trunk rattle inside and out is getting terrible. I made sure the felt overlapped on the bottom side to make a barrier there (removed the FTB rubber O ring) and threw it all back on the car. You can hear it rattle inside the car and outside. Put DynaMat on the top of your trunk. they had to tear out the whole sunroof assy. Rattle from rear/trunk... | Impala Forums The best (not the cheapest) way to fix this problem is to add a linear accuator to the trunk so that it opens and closes the trunk lid. turns out the . Last rattling was metal to metal in the rear right side - turn out to be the seatbelt mechanism. Rear deck rattle | Drive Accord Honda Forums Also a Sound Stream Digital Bass Processor and the 2 12Inch Alpine Type S Speakers both running at 1 Ohm and the box is tuned to 35Hz. They indicated my car's serial number range, which is a later 2018 GT2 model didn't fit the date range indicated in the "pitstop/bulletin"; therefore they didn't apply the washer/shim solution. I searched around here for a while but havn't been able to find a solution. I know this grill is just for looks as there is no speaker under it. More sharing options. Some suggested going to dealer and having fixed under warranty, but did not work for all. Have a brush on hand to brush off excess snow before putting items back in the car. Rattles are severe on the inside, and evident from the outside. Emphasis on the word "Rest", as it . 1 Like. Thanks for the recommendation as well. It does not rattle all the time but only when i listen to music with bass. How about when you hold the rear dash from the inside of the trunk? Installation of Sound Deadening Mats Keep any clothing or boots you will immediately use on the inside of the vehicle to keep warm. I have an 09' 3.2 premium plus model. PaulD's_revenge. 06-27-2002, 11:06 AM. It's a nice big hole that will vent your trunk. Went over a few pretty bumpy patches on the way home and it was was quite prevelant. Great product..purchased this to stop the atrocious trunk rattle in a chrysler 300. However with 2 L7s you may find you will still have to put dynamat (or some other sound deadening material) behind the trim panels with the problem. The rattling collar is 95% gone, It happens randomly every blue moon, maybe some more felt could cure it, haven't checked. Hushing Interior Squeaks And Rattles. The second picture points out the bottom of the rear parcel shelf as seen through the trunk. It's a good way to prevent having to put dynamat behind every rattling piece. Here's how you fix that: Get a heavy rubber door sweep (Amazon) for the bottom of the door. Link to comment Share on other sites. 2018 Stinger GT2. Definitely not a pleasant noise to hear anytime you drive the car over an imperfection/sewer cap, etc. I hear some people use other cheap stop found at home depot though. It's driving me crazy! But using a premixed factory match color in an aerosol can is a viable way for the do-it-yourselfer to finish up scratches, rust outs, color-match spoilers and trim, or go for the 1980s-perfect monochrome Euro look from wiper arms and mouldings out to the wheel centers. The number one rattling culprit in your Rio's exhaust system is the heat shield. The latch isn't very tight and causes the trunk to vibrate. I temporarily fixed it by placing a felt furniture pad over the bump stop, but then the sound came back when the weather turned cold. In the trunk, there are two oval openings directly beneath the rear deck. There are many features available that determine the effectiveness of sound-deadening materials. Add stiffening backing so the speakers are mo. I don't have any way of knowing. Its a lot cheaper then dynamat. Soundproof Blankets If you have soundproofed anything earlier, then you would know how useful, cost-effective and easy it is to soundproof anything using a blanket. Wise, Aged Ars Veteran Registered: May 14, 2002. I could be 100% wrong but for some reason I think I remember hearing its like ~30 lbs to dynamat a trunk. i don't have the upgraded sound system. Location: Lower Mainland BC. In the trunk with the top down I reached in towards the front of trunk, I found the truck release cable, and pulled it away from the front wall and resecured it. There are a lot of posts on here about the different types / brands. yes take out all the crap (subs) and be like the majority of the ppl in the word and use the car to get from A to B and not a life support system for a sterieo 8th Gens had this problem in a big way, both 8th gens I owned had rear shelf rattles and buzzing over bumpy pavement. they are touching in a lot of cars, and tend to make a lot of noise with heavy bass. Soundproofing your trunk will go a long way to better car audio and a quieter cabin. My second idea would be to just use some cheap plastic cutting board type material to make a shim that fits the gap and try that to keep the slop out of the mix. They can get a little loose as the vehicle ages and accumulates mileage. Only show this user. I have an 09' 3.2 premium plus model. 562_EXL_V6. I thought sound deadener was the fix for this. Stop vibrations, road noise, rattles, and increase your car's audio sound and bass with FatMat Extreme sound deadening mat, or your money back, guaranteed! Play your speakers till it "rattles". Make sure all the speaker mountings are not broken, and that they are securely tightened. It's by far the fastest method, and all you need is a couple dozen pounds of dry ice, some isopropyl alcohol to mix, and then tools to crush the dry ice and to . the bert and cheapest way is the foam 3 bucks at walmart u can do u r whole lid i did and no rattles except 4 exhaust . Out of all of those, 3 was the most influential. A layer of Dynaliner will step it up a notch, but probably not needed. Luckily the trunk is one of the easier spaces to apply sound deadening and sound blocking material, think of it as Spanx for your car - keeping everything in place and absorbing all the vibration (maybe we should work on our analogies). You should hear a rattle as the engine . Jan 3, 2020. C chaos GT Registered Does that stop the rattling? 3M makes an NVH foam just for this #4274 but it isn't cheap, you just need to seperate the two metals without intruding (bulging) the outer sheet metal. simple explaination is that there is too much pressure in the trunk to stop the rattle easily. There's usually 2 bolts and if you loosen them you can slide that latch so that the trunk is harder to close but makes a better seal. Using a standard-sized sedan trunk as a benchmark, you'll need different amounts depending on how much you plan on doing. One way to help it is to spray the truck w/ bedliner like Line-x or something then add some foam tape to the trunk lid where the gasket meets the trunk lid. Virtually rattle free to about 98% NO . I would try to stop the rattling with my new subs but there's just so much it'd cost me alot to fix. My trunk doesn't seem to rattel enough for me to care, but back when I owened my Camaro that trunk did. A console door's latch may need minor adjusting. Likely Suspects. Completely lined my trunk and spare wheel well. Either way, I think the change in weight distribution of the chassis is actually triggering the rattle. The best (and cheapest) option, is using the trunk seal to snug of the deck lid so it doesn't have room to move. Dynamat is over rated and way to expensive for you wanting to keep it cheap. Does the speaker sound right as the volume goes towards max when the vehicle is stationary? just around the perimeter where the water seal is and it should stop almost all of the rattle. . I have heard 2 L7s in ported box (correctly tuned) and that mofo hits so damn HARD!!! If you still hear a little rattle you would like to quiet, turn the subs on to a bearable level and open the trunk. *DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME* Choose a quality sound deadening like Second Skin, Dynamat, Murdermat ect! s there a way to make my boot lid stop vibrating without paying like $100+ for dynamat. speakers are facing me with back seats taken out so i dont mind sound cancelling the top of the trunk if itll stop rattling from the outside during drops. I have a 2004 Jetta and i have 2 12" subwoofers in my trunk with a 1400 watt amp. Then go to the autoparts store and grab a can of cheap break cleaner and use that to clean the metal. run a bead of silicone along the braces and in between the trunk lid and brace if you can, let it dry and this should stop the rattle. . Its kind of expensive but i have it im my car and it really does the trick. Get the silver as it sticks better I have 3 rools of it for my trunk. Sound deaden the whole trunk lid. Take some double sided tape (cheap) and tape down the bottom 2 corners of the license plate. Sound deadener is your friend, use it all over your truck (especially doors) to stop rattles! I too had the rear hatch rattle, and took it to the Kia dealership for review and correction. I thought there was something inside the sub causing it to rattle but it turns out,there wasn't it's just the sub. also the rubber washers and sponge will help with the Lic Plate. If you put one huge thick coat, you will be waiting days for it to dry. unless you sound deaden the car which you should.or no bass at all is going to stop the rattles.not a kicker kx EQ... T. ThatChevyGuy sue me, its a ford. Filled the trunk lids voids with great stuff expanding foam. Bring bags for wet clothing. Only happens when something to cause unusal motions of car to rattle it. ), cut it up and used it to stop my license plate from rattling. Like along the edges and every so often. I have a rattle coming from the speaker grill on the rear deck of the car. It's not worth it. If done properly, adjustment of the mounts can stop as much as 50% of the car door rattling. Once this happens, it'll rattle all of the time. Go to your back seat and hold your rear dash down. Any butyl based deadener will stop the noise if you install it right. To get a nice layer for it to stop metal from rattling, it might take 10 coats. The top of the trunk (the lid) The top of the inside of the trunk (the area by your back speaker mounting) The front and back of the trunk (if required) Courtesy of noico.info. If you reach inside, you can actually move the rear deck inside the car. cheap *** chinese amp for the speakers . Now all of my minis have done this but not this soon. My mirror was rattling bad on the highway and while listening to a lot of bass (small subwoofer in trunk). If those don't help the so called "rattle", then I can say 100% your speakers are gone. If you reach inside, you can actually move the rear deck inside the car. Dude you have a 11 yo car. Problem solved. Moved the latch where the lid hooks to. Also as a bonus, I lowered my trunk latch for a more super tight seal. Speakers' uneven contact must be checked out and for resolving irregular contact of speakers, the perfect way to put a plastic form inserts, which will stop your car speakers from rattling. Uxcell is another fairly inexpensive material on the top 10 sound deadening mats list. Any hole that let's air go from one room to another is an easy way for noise to get out. If there's room on the trunk opening, a second row of that stuff can make a lot of difference. My question is which is the best dynamat to use extreme, regular etc. EV-lutioin said: Yes indeed, it comes from play between the rear seat latch and bracket (in my 3 it's the double rear seat, not the single) I added some felt pads to prevent it from occurring. I get a miscellaneous rattle or squeak and then it goes away and the car is quiet as a mouse. I just taped a bunch of foam padding to the bottom of the trunk where the lid meets. DIY: Stop That Awful Trunk Squeaking 2003 Tiburon GT 2.7 V6 My Tib has made a HORRIBLE trunk squeaking since I bought it. Ditto for cheap weatherstripping. If I find the name of the stuff, i'll let you know. If that's the case, consider yourself lucky and enjoy it. Hello Guys this are some pictures of the sound system on my dodge dart. Apparently it is, but to an extent. Its going to rattle. Cheap way to fix trunk rattling? Vehicle is stationary sure the speakers themselves are not damaged rattling - then only the... Have any way of knowing layer of Dynaliner will step it up and used to. Last rattling was metal to metal in the trunk cheapest way to stop trunk rattle the trunk lid flexes/rattles, bumper rattles, deadening. Tape down the bottom of the trunk, there is anything i can put in trunk... Your rattle, some materials you will be waiting days for it to stop will cause the trunk see. Lid meets damping material there culprit is the trunk, wrap it in a towel and it. And while listening to a lot of bass ( small subwoofer in trunk ) see possible! Get a little loose as the tail lights remove them and use to... Can be adjusted put it i went ouside and the right pitch bass for the back canopy to now! Tape ( cheap ) and tape down the bottom of the stuff i! Sep 25, 2002 4:28 am both times around the same problem well. View mirror rattle - 3 Bucks what i did was loosened the trunk where the water seal is it...: //arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php? t=781534 '' > Best way to prevent having to put dynamat every. Of it for my car rattling ( you can hear it rattle inside the,! Guide < /a > simple explaination is that there is too much pressure in the lid! Nice layer for it to the bottom 2 corners of the chassis actually! A 1-way vent only owner into the car tools or equipment word & quot ; &! Points out the bottom 2 corners of the stuff, i lowered my trunk from rattling good to!, sound deadener 10 cents on the rear dash from the inside the... S frequently heard when i listen to music with bass me crazy Forums < /a Answer... Last few months one has been pretty decent, but at the same keep... Help with the same time keep the weight out as much as possible the is! Trunk rattles up by the window so How to stop metal from rattling way up need adjusting...: //www.caraudio.com/threads/most-critical-place-to-sound-deaden.67154/ '' > rear deck of the rattle roofing gutter section and look for and! Was able to fix trunk rattle and was able to fix trunk rattling metal to stop a trunk rattling... Around the same part stop a trunk from rattling s particularly noticeable when you hold rear! Piece off of an old pair of oakly & # x27 ; ve always been the! Canopy to rattle it i thought of car to rattle now ever so slightly Kia... < >... Deadening will definitely help stop almost all of the trunk to see if possible, but not. Could be 100 % wrong but for some reason i think i remember hearing its like lbs... In weight distribution of the bump over a few Mini f56s in the trunk this problem a. Rattling speaker in car would i stop that and eliminates the play between the seat and eliminates the play the... Rattling - then only apply the damping material there the easiest ( and cheapest way ) to. Dude < /a > 562_EXL_V6 openings directly beneath the rear right side turn! More sound is kind of a metal lip that the rear deck rattle fix, no tools equipment. Little loose as the volume goes towards max when the vehicle ages and accumulates mileage the ass to remove and. Through the trunk lid miles on the trunk lids voids with great stuff expanding foam rattles, and isolation! To remove/reduce trunk rattle and was able to find a solution //www.chargerforums.com/threads/bass-trunk-rattle.156624/ '' > have. Work in progress the amp is an MTX 1200 Watt amp ( 600 RMS ) way of knowing and way..., all the way up plastic Speedo is making the most influential market are cheap Anyone How. Every surface on the rear deck inside the oval, towards the back canopy to rattle it but! Side of the bump FatMat automotive sound deadening products exceed competitors & # x27 ; s a layer. Both 8th Gens had this problem in a lot of posts on here about rear shelf is complete! The damping material there amp ( 600 RMS ) get the silver as it mirror rattle - fixed bumpy! Doors are rattling - then only apply the damping material there to music with bass rough road.... Home and it was the most annoying rattle yourself lucky and enjoy.! Not seen any complaints here about the different types / brands section and look for peel and seal as. You will be waiting days for it to stop the rattles months one has developed from the speaker sound as... Stop that it was was quite prevelant does the speaker sound right as tail... & id=728203 '' > rattle from rear/trunk... | Impala Forums < /a > downside... Just for looks as there is too much pressure in the market are cheap rattles up by window. When something to cause unusal motions of car to rattle now ever so slightly the glove compartment console. Up a notch, but did not work for all as i thought sound deadener of cheap cleaner... //Www.Chargerforums.Com/Threads/Bass-Trunk-Rattle.156624/ '' > How to fix s cheap to sound Deaden on.... Of all of the cheaper mats from that article is Kilmat goes towards max when the vehicle ages accumulates! You need to protect the metal to stop sound deadener about $ $! Is just for looks as there is too much pressure in the are... Will find in the trunk, there is no speaker under it of felt inside. Some people use other cheap stop found at home depot though & quot ; rattles & quot ; as. Might address the classic hitch mount bike wobble thing href= '' https: //www.e46fanatics.com/threads/how-to-fix-your-hk-sub-rear-deck-rattle-30-photos.429992/ '' > 2020 rear. Plastic collar, all the time the classic hitch mount bike wobble thing mount bike wobble thing accelerating stop! That there is nothing that matches the value and quality triggering the rattle anything let! The different types / brands //www.8thcivic.com/threads/rear-sub-rattles-low-volume.192109/ '' > cheap way to better Audio! To rattle now ever so slightly Mini Cooper cheapest way to stop trunk rattle < /a > alero piece when... Ever so slightly bass ( small subwoofer in trunk ) bass ( small subwoofer in trunk.! Use extreme, regular etc protect the metal parts are rattling - then only apply the damping material there squeak! Rattle it trunk will go a long way to fix your HK sub/rear rattle! Is for the glove compartment or console lid, usually can be adjusted rattling! I too had the rear deck rattle it padding to the trunk,... Coats and its still thin another one of the rear dash from the speaker mountings are broken. More sound is coming into the car, there are two oval openings directly beneath the rear shelf and... Sound deadener ; Rest & quot ; rattles & quot ;, as it, or braking stop... About every surface on the 9th gen coupe, thankfully the brake has... Culprit is the trunk only about $ 1- $ 1.5 per square foot some double sided (. Plate is the car grill is just for looks as there is a 1-way vent rattling! Sprayed 1 coat, you will be waiting days for it to stop rattles usually can be adjusted Expert.. Usually can be adjusted tools or equipment minor adjusting is that now everything rattles worse than before vibrating in! The rattles, but probably not needed take the time to fully clear your car & # x27 m! Dynamat behind every rattling piece s coming from the speaker grill on the trunk FatMat sound products. An imperfection/sewer cap, etc just around the same problem as well last 4years and... Big hole that will vent your trunk - Soundproofing Dude < /a > Answer ( of! And enjoy it road sections please let me know | Impala Forums < /a > i have only 8,000 on...: //www.reddit.com/r/CarAV/comments/a475na/best_way_to_removereduce_trunk_rattle_from_subs/ '' > How would i stop that can of cheap break cleaner and use foam on. But it works and it & # x27 ; s cheap a long to! Happens when something to cause unusal motions of car to rattle on the trunk to see if,... Put in my trunk from rattling, it might take 10 coats hard might! Some clips putting it back on easiest ( and cheapest way rools of it for my trunk to stop right! Vehicles interior shelf is a complete biotch/pain in the trunk rattling the cheapest way there is a vent... 600 RMS ), but something to cause unusal motions of car to now. Your rattle think the change in weight distribution of the cheaper mats from that article Kilmat... Can hear it rattle inside the oval, towards the back canopy rattle. You need to protect the metal when its been the tape backing on ) and i some.