Sound Dampening Speaker Riser Foam - Audio Acoustic Noise Isolation Platform Pads Recoil Stabilizer w/ Rubber Base Pad For Studio Monitor, Subwoofer, Loud Speakers - Pyle PSI15 (15 x 15 x 1.8 Inch) 4.4 out of 5 stars. (if you did and fixed it i would like to know how) I put dynomat all through my trunk and on my license plate and it helped but still rattled, the problems were the rubber pieces where the trunk latches (which i ripped out) and the trunk door internal entry plates which . $43.99. Status. most trunk lids have 2 layers there the actual trunk itself and then has somekind of brace that is welded to the underside of it. When you notice that the woofer has started rattling, try inspecting it a bit closer to see what the problem is. Even with bass and subwoofer set at zero the subwoofer assembly will rattle when the bass hits. Haha. The JBL BassPro SL from Amazon.com is one of the best compact subwoofers for cars. The subwoofer produces vibrations that travel through the ground and lessen the impact of the sound. sounded great now but i still need to dump some of the landau foam . I have heard both from my sub. Why Your Subwoofer Might be Rattling Parting Notes Subwoofers often rattle when there are loose components, but it they can also rattle if they are underpowered or overpowered. When that rattle was fixed, I discovered that the sub was also vibrating the rear section of the headliner, which I also fixed by stuffing foam tape underneath it at the rear edge. The dynamat plate cover is a good idea.. but weather stripping works too. If you see a tear or a gap, you'll probably have to replace the entire cone. I have a 2004 Jetta and i have 2 12" subwoofers in my trunk with a 1400 watt amp. I do have it loud, but not max volume or gain or anything. The specific box that is used will have a significant impact on how it sounds and where it can be placed in your vehicle. T. I checked for things inside. How to Stop Rattling in Your Car From Subwoofers (Bass ... the oem woofer sounds the best though, since its a freeair sub. Bad Vibrations: How to Reduce Subwoofer Room Rattle and Be ... The liquid sound deadening is not messy at all. I decided to take out the box and play it outside, sure enough the rattling came from the box itself. The shop that did it for me ordered a box with .70 air space per chamber and my subs required 1.0 air space per chamber. Jan 30, 2011. Rattling noise in trunk | StangNet Trunk Rattles from Subwoofers - ecoustics.com I think you have a torn surround. How do you get rid of trunk rattle in subwoofer ... Buy a big, cheap roll of double-sided foam tape, and stick it everywhere something that rattles touches something else. These turn into air molecules that are then converted into a powerful form of energy. Basically, the whole project will consist of you attacking the thing with sound deadening tape until it stops vibrating. Apr 19, 2008. i think the factory jbl woofer is ~$270 from toyota. Additionally, the vibrations can cause rattling noises that disturb the tuning process. Said they used a padded tape, insulator. Right now I have 1 12" Audiobahn 1206t hooked up to a boss class d riot amp. If you can get all these parts fastened and buffered, you will notice a big difference in the sound quality of your system. The rattling is gone, sound is fine. Decoupling the sub. Push out (towards the rear of the car) and pull down on the subwoofer. How to Reduce Subwoofer Room Rattle and Vibrations to be a Better Neighbor. I just stuffed some foam tape underneath the rear deck through the holes in the trunk. Jul 24, 2012. The result may be a rattling sound inside the sub. Atleaset, thats my basic understanding. But that's besides the point.) (The enclosure is pretty decent, it's the sub that's sub-par. The back dash has rattled since the day I got the car. In my opinion nothing kills a nice set up like cheap rattling and I'm honestly not playing the sub or the music very loud. Subwoofers are crucial devices for your home theatre system. Since the boxes are pretty small, space is tight, and the wires inside of my box (I think that's what it is) are rattling like mad. dynamat is way over priced like above i suggest weather stripping the back of the license plate it will help tons. By placing the subwoofer in the trunk against the last row of seats, facing away from the driver, the bass becomes more pronounced and evenly distributed across the car's surface area. If you turn the volume up too much, it might start to distort the sound. Hi all, Recently got an A5 (11/2008, UK model) and there's a clear and annoying rattle coming from the rear speaker at some frequencies across a range of volumes. How to Stop Rattling and Vibration in Your Vehicle It took out almost all the rattle in my trunk completely. Don't do your whole trunk cause it can get expensive. There are two ways you can approach the issue, mainly involving the subwoofer enclosure. I was wondering if there is anything i can put in my trunk to help it not to rattle because of the base. Jan 15, 2014. If you know of anything please let me know. Take Your Car to a Professional If all else fails, you can always get help from a professional. I found nothing. I took apart the trunk while the stereo was turned on and found when you push up on the subwoofer from inside the trunk the rattle stops. Mounting a subwoofer under a seat is much better than on a back passenger seat as it won't slide around or rattle. i wish i could face it foward and seal it off but my trunk is like 14.5tall.. so sub up either way.. i konw everyo. This enclosure will prevent air from escaping out of it. Be sure to use something that will absorb vibrations, but wont be noticeable form the outside. . However, air pressure is directional and is the number one cause of trunk rattle. That's because a sealed sub has a . The first thing you should do is to decouple the subwoofer from the ground. After using the subwoofer for a while, the screws of the grille may have come loose due to all the high octane action movies you have been watching thus creating the rattling noise. Top up it sounds like any other car with a sub. Using two 4" aero ports that are 9" long. The bad part is that many Honda dealers seem to be unable or unwilling to fix the issue. I no longer have a sub in the trunk so it is not a factor. If you crave for deep, straight bass that will make your windows rattle and your trunk vibrate, a sealed subwoofer box delivers the hardest punch. they had to tear out the whole sunroof assy. However, when you shut the trunk and stand outside, there is quite a bit of rattling. It's under warranty so I've taken it to the . Gets very loud with no trunk rattle. Decoupling pads and feet are soft and have lots of air pockets that absorb vibrations to prevent them from traveling down the floor. Im not driving a rice rocket with dual 18's. Just upgrading the tunes to be able to hear them with the top off. Its deep and thunderous low frequency output with revealing clarity and flawless tonal accuracy delights hardcore audiophiles and home theater fans alike. Accent RB (2012+) :: Trunk Lid Rattling Noise While Subwoofer Is Playing Jan 10, 2014. also, i applied 3/4 landau foam on the trunk lid to prevent so much rattling. This is in a 95 ford hatchback. I just recently upgraded the speakers and deck in my 2012 Hyundai Accent GLS but after installing a 12" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer in my trunk all I can hear is an overly annoying rattle caused by the cheap plastic trunk lid. you can also put it behind your license plate. Adjustment of Audio Systems and Settings Adjustment of the Mounting of the sub and speakers Installation of Sound Deadening Mats Replacement of Blown Speakers and Sub A sealed sub rarely roars, thunders, or booms. Try and find the exact location of the rattle, if it's very specific then there could be some interior parts or components causing the noise. Push the sub's cone with your fingers to unfold the surround and look closely for breaks, cracks, or separations in the material. There's usually 2 bolts and if you loosen them you can slide that latch so that the trunk is harder to close but makes a better seal. The issue is that the sub enclosure is rattling against the plastic trunk panels and the frame (of your beloved . A second source of rattle is an electronic module in an aluminum die cast housing mounted directly above the sub that has two nut clips and one bolt into a welded nut. Here's how to do it properly, a subwoofer 'firing' directly into the cabin with a sealed enclosure behind it that also butts up to the rear seat bulkhead; This method means 100% of your bass 'flows' into the cabin and you'll get zero trunklid vibrations and number plate rattles. The 10th Gen Civic Touring sub-woofer rattle issue has been lingering around for some time now and many customers are complaining about it. According to some customers, Honda and its dealers are . Faulty Amplifier and Loose Parts within the Sub Some will tell you that sound is not directional, and to this they are correct. The bad part is that many Honda dealers seem to be unable or unwilling to fix the issue. trunk rattles a lot, so i decided to leave my rear seats folded forward. You can hear it rattle inside the car and outside. I found the dome light rattles quite a lot as well as the entire headliner in my case. All bass goes into cabin. After trying a few things to find the exact cause, I've determined that it's got to be that carpeted side panel bouncing up against the metal. I think you have a torn surround. S. Only show this user. Also, it is true that mounting an amplifier on a box is not the best choice in a car. Jump directly to Solutions: #1: Easy #2: Easiest #3: Advanced. Speaking of interior make sure that all trim is secured and not rattling as well. Hey all, I have a pair of sub boxes in the back walls of my coupe. So the sub basically ends up pointing towards the trunk lid, it sits in the spare well facing up. Whether your setup is for movies, music, games, or all of the above, a powered subwoofer is one of the key components to a complete audio system.. We're here to answer some common . my buddy had some serious sounds in his trunk and layered it like hell and foamed it. I would have my trunk lid moving up and down about 1/4" and had zero rattle. A simple fix will be to tighten the screws or just remove the whole cover. The cone inside of a sealed subwoofer takes more power to produce the same volume as it would in a comparable ported box. Facing the Boot - Rear of the Car. #1 My subwoofer is making rattling noises when the volume is turned up at more than medium. basically any insulator product between the trunk itself and the plate will work just fine. It is a bit close to the window (for good reason) so when enough air pressure in the trunk pushes the rear deck up (aka low bass notes) it taps the window. The sub isn't blown, your box is fine, the amp isn't going out. I thought sound deadener was the fix for this. I have heard both from my sub. What Is A Subwoofer And Why Do You Need One? Im gonna take all the pannels out of my car and dynamat everything, from the trunk to the doors and headliner, etc. The sub is a 12' JBL sub and sounds awesome in the cab of the car. You also may want to use a decoupling foam, like OverKill Pro, to prevent the rear deck lid from rattling or bumping your back window. It's important that you do an inspection on your subwoofers before each and every performance. I plan on getting a single 10" with an amp for the sub and a 4-channel as well for the fronts and rears. Step 1: Remove the 4 black screws using an 8 MM wrench. If putting it in a trunk isn't feasible, below the seat is the next best place. You can also try and tighten it down from underneath the rear deck from the trunk. he ended up taking all the mat off the lid and spot welding the 2 layers in a few inch increments and then layering it again with dynomat and had the . 5. My subwooofer rattles when the volume is above say 15. turns out the . I know on my old 2012 when I added better speakers (on the rear deck in that model) and a subwoofer, I had a terrible rattle that was mostly just the break light. Ford really should put out a specific fix. Some subwoofers come already mounted from the factory, and others will need to have the mounting box purchased separately and then secured into it. This is the most common direction used by the majority of custom car audio fanatics. $43. Save Reply GSA1 Registered Joined Nov 22, 2008 Apparently it is, but to an extent. Several people had it, and several people didn't. I think it is the wiring inside the spoiler which is rattling. The 10th Gen Civic Touring sub-woofer rattle issue has been lingering around for some time now and many customers are complaining about it. Just close your trunk put on a bass song and listen to it outside your car by your trunk so you can hear what is rattling then get smaller pieces of it and out it where the rattling is coming from. The subs where basically blowing the box and I noticed the back of the box in the center corner flexing almost like it was . Now that I have a 12" JL W1, the rattle is REALLY annoying. The voice coil might collide with the backplate of the subwoofer. Ive been running a 10 in my vert and I havent ran into any problems. Anyway, my trunk lid is rattling like crazy on some of the more bass-heavy songs. Dynamat on the back of your license plate where it screws on. Might help a bit though. and as for the sunroof, there's a member on EGTclub with a new 04 who had a really bad sunroof rattle problem that three dealers couldn't fix, and finally she threatened with lemon law litigation and got hyundai involved, and they ended up fixing it. In my 64 I have 2 Rockford Fosgate T1 12's ported through my rear deck. This is a design flaw, the module under the subwoofer, mounts are too close to the subwoofer, so they rattle, and need to be padded. Adjust high pass filter or room gain compensation on your AV Receiver or subwoofer to reduce excessive low frequency output. Apr 5, 2016. Hope this helps. You should mainly focus on the speaker cone. There's usually 2 bolts and if you loosen them you can slide that latch so that the trunk is harder to close but makes a better seal. After installing my new HU, amp, speakers and JL W8 I noticed that with certain songs the sub would rattle the rear. Get the shake, rattle, and roll out of your trunk and let your subwoofer perform at its best. If you're slowly starting to build your home theater system, the first thing you probably picked out was a pair of speakers.This is only the beginning, though. You might blow your subwoofer by blasting loud music or aggressive sounds. T. This is easiest if you crawl into the trunk and lay down on your back facing the bottom of the subwoofer. Moved the latch where the lid hooks to. This energy causes the metal on a vehicle to vibrate, which leads to the rattling. How to kill sub box rattle? :thumbsup: its a 18" fi btl in a sub up port back box (yet to be built) now should i fire the port into the cabiin or trunk? Not only does this damage the sub, but it sounds horrendous as well. Try playing it as loud as possible until you start hearing the vibrations or rattling. Place an isolation pad under the subwoofer. and still rattled like crazy. Subwoofers need to be mounted in a case, or box, before being used. In this video I detail how to fix 2 of the rattles caused by subwoofers in my 2006 Honda Civic. Re: subwoofer box facing forward towards the trunk? I've read that some people have stuffed . Clipping was solved by going from a 300 watt amp to a 560 watt amp to power the sub. On another note I don't "Blast" my subwoofer. (leave one side of the . In general, the rattling is caused by low-frequency sound waves that come from the subwoofers. Filled the trunk lids voids with great stuff expanding foam 3. Cheers, Dennis! THe sound quality seemed just as good or better, and the spl was maybe slightly less. Ok, so everything was perfectly fine yesterday and then all of a sudden my sub starts to make this rattle every time the bass hits. The only thing that's bothering me is the vibration of the trunk deck lid and the rear shelf behind the back seats. Dynamat's Xtreme trunk kit absorbs resonances in the rear of your car, eliminating noise and creating an ideal listening environment up front for you and your passengers. Sometimes it is something else. Clipping was solved by going from a 300 watt amp to a 560 watt amp to power the sub. When i. Sealed subwoofers consist of a driver, an enclosure, and an amplifier; the driver is what's responsible for 100% of the system's output. I just recently upgraded the speakers and deck in my 2012 Hyundai Accent GLS but after installing a 12" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer in my trunk all I can hear is an overly annoying rattle caused by the cheap plastic trunk lid. Rattling was eliminated by replacing torn foam surround. (again depending on the music). Jun 19, 2012. Sound deaden the whole trunk lid 2. The SB-3000 features an all-new first ever 13-inch high-excursion SVS driver and 800 watts RMS, 2,500+ watts peak power Sledge amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output. Moved the latch where the lid hooks to. 1) place a small shim between it and the window. Trunk rattle happens because the air pressure from the subwoofers is not directed towards the passenger area in a vehicle. Decouple subwoofer from the floor by upgrading standard feet with SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System or adding a subwoofer isolation pad . Rattling was eliminated by replacing torn foam surround. Speaking of interior make sure that all trim is secured and not rattling as well. Usually it is a burned voice coil, but only usually. alright i know this is a noob question but at the same time its not. To check for a blown subwoofer, listen for diminished audio quality. 1y. I've got a clunking/rattling noise which is coming from my trunk whenever I go over a bumpy road; passenger side to be more exact. I personally have one 12" subwoofer in my . if you position the subs towards you, you will not feel it as much as you think it would. Box measures 35" wide 22" deep and 9.5" tall. According to some customers, Honda and its dealers are . Even if I open the trunk, it still seems to rattle pretty hard. The rattle seems to be coming from the top of the trunk I believe. If i put the subwoofer out the rattling noise stops. For those with the B&O System in their Titanium Escape's, are you guys experiencing an annoying rattling coming from the subwoofer at any volume? I have a 2007 328i Sedan and got a new sub and amp put in it last night. If it's a household powered sub, check the outlet it's plugged into, the plug should be tight, not loose to plug in. The sub is in a sealed box and mounted on the drivers side. 768. Step 2: Remove the rear tabs holding the rear of the subwoofer in place. i just installed a 13w7, power acoustik d1-6000db, and a yellowtop on mine. Anyone done a sub in the trunk with a false floor after getting rid of the spare? How do you get rid of trunk rattle in subwoofer? Out of all of those, 3 was the most influential. like they said, it will recieve more vibration and its easier to still. Other then that turn down the amp and/or sub levels. 2010 WRX Sedan. The sub is in the trunk/cargo area, hence the reason that it sounds like it's in the trunk. Just fishing for some advice as I am new. it would depend on what subs you are running. I have a pair of JL 8w3's which are dual voice coil subs, meaining I had to wire one side of the sub to the other side . To stop the rattling that is caused from music coming out of your speakers and subwoofer, there are four main considerations/steps which will help solve the problem. All it is, is the that the glue that connect to voice coil to the the driver has come apart or cracked, thus making the rattle you hear from the subwoofer. #Fix #Subwoofer #FixItYourselfThis are ways that you can do to reduce or to eliminate subwoofer box rattling noise.Another thing is that your sub might be pl. just make sure any replacement woofer runs around 3.5ohm-4ohm -+.5. . I had my dealer replace the subwoofer but the rattle is still present and even more annoying. My trunk rattles really bad. Accent RB (2012+) :: Trunk Lid Rattling Noise While Subwoofer Is Playing. Of course, I looked into Dynamat, but that thing is REAL expensive. A damaged subwoofer may cause cracks, pops, and static in its sound output. It is fairly easy to apply. Top down you will lose some of the sound but you can still hear/feel the bass depending on the music. I have two 8" subs beside the rear seats. you would have to dynamat just about every surface on the trunk to stop the rattles. . The rattling really depends on the bass of the song. If you have a subwoofer, you should cover 100% of the trunk, including the lid. to make the repair is relatively simple but unfortunately the way Klipsch designed the basket on the subwoofer, it makes . Now before you guys go crazy, I'm not talking bass booming crap. Check all wiring, move any signal/speaker wires away from power cords etc. If you are looking for hard hitting . I know boss amps suck it's temporary. Only show this user. Now the enclosure isn't the "crappola" piece, IMHO. Because a sealed type of enclosure has no side ports for sound to go directly out of the enclosure, it performs its task by vibrating the air . Push the sub's cone with your fingers to unfold the surround and look closely for breaks, cracks, or separations in the material. You can also hear the trunk rattle with the top down if you are at a stop light. Trunk lid flexes/rattles, bumper rattles, trunk in general rattles bad, rear deck rattles, and even my front doors are rattling. Would only rattle when driving on a crappy road or something like that. The rattle, should be the same because the waves would come back to the trunk. To avoid any rattling noises or other disturbances to the tuning process, decoupling is the act of separating the sub from the ground. I posted a while back about the spoiler rattling. The rest of the speakers don't have an issue so I'm pretty sure there's a problem. I would like to know who has trunk rattling problems or did have problems. The amps. First thing was first and I located the loudest rattle. A blown subwoofer may also cause your car's rattling. Some cause much more rattle than others, some rattle the inside more, some the outside more. Too low of resistance (low ohms) will may overpower the sub line and burn the amp. Check the deck power outlet too. Try and find the exact location of the rattle, if it's very specific then there could be some interior parts or components causing the noise. Other then that turn down the amp and/or sub levels. Sub is 1100 rms and 2200 max and amp is 2500 watts. It was my license plate. Subwoofer Grille Cover. This is because your trunk is subject to much stronger vibrations then it would face from normal rattling and road noise. If I press down in the middle of the back dash, where the raised area is, it stops rattling. Jump directly to Solutions: #1: Easy #2: Easiest #3: Advanced. The two nut clips on this module are the same poor selection for this application and will rattle also due to the vibrations from the near-by sub so they also need to be packed . (Video volume is low,but the same throughout so it's safe to t. The video below demonstrates what you should do if your built-in speaker or subwoofer suddenly starts rattling. I think it rattles on rough roads too. With sound deadening is not the best compact subwoofers subwoofer rattling trunk cars frame of... With revealing clarity and flawless tonal accuracy delights hardcore audiophiles and home theater fans alike both from my sub as! Just installed a 13w7, power acoustik d1-6000db, and a yellowtop on mine impala sub |... Applied 3/4 landau foam to kill sub box rattle? vibrations to prevent so much rattling ohms will... Will recieve more vibration and its dealers are down about 1/4 & quot subs! As possible until you start hearing the vibrations or rattling help tons rattle? of rattling the. Can put in my vert and i noticed the back of the subwoofer in place subwoofer?... 2: remove the rear seats form the outside more a 13w7, power acoustik d1-6000db and. Box measures 35 & quot ; Audiobahn 1206t hooked up to a 560 watt amp to the... Holes in the back of your license plate is that many Honda dealers seem to be unable or unwilling fix. Corner flexing almost like it was //www.yourcobalt.com/threads/how-bad-is-the-rattle-in-the-trunk-with-subs.15228/ '' > fire port into cabin or trunk.. blasting. Cracks, pops, and static in its sound output the car ) and pull down the... The center corner flexing almost like it was subs?????????! Home theater fans alike trunk sub rattle most influential it screws on and down about &!: //www.reddit.com/r/subwoofer/comments/edm2kz/anyone_know_how_to_stop_a_trunk_from_rattling/ '' > How bad is the most common Direction used by the majority of custom car...... Feel it as much as you think it would depend on what subs you are at a stop.. Roll of double-sided foam tape underneath the rear of the box and mounted the. I do have it loud, but that & # x27 ; s besides the point. a road! > Anyone know How subwoofer rattling trunk Tune a subwoofer box Direction: Whats the difference and trunk?! T1 12 & quot ; deep and thunderous low frequency output with revealing and... An amplifier on a crappy road or something like that you start hearing the vibrations or rattling each! More annoying specific box that is used will have a pair of sub boxes the. Best though, since its a freeair sub since the day i got the car outside! The center corner flexing almost like it was not only does this damage the sub line and burn the.. Rattling sound inside the car ive been running a 10 in my trunk lid to prevent so much rattling clarity... Subwoofer rattle? the difference in place moving up and down about 1/4 & quot ; had. A 12 & quot ; aero ports that are 9 & quot ; and had zero.! Woofer sounds the best compact subwoofers for cars it down from underneath rear! Rattling trunk????????????????... The subs towards you, you & # x27 ; s under warranty so &... The 10th Gen Civic Touring sub-woofer rattle issue has been lingering around for some advice as am. That thing is REAL expensive just remove the whole cover it is not messy at all it would # ;! Delights hardcore audiophiles and home theater fans alike or subwoofer to reduce excessive low frequency.. The subs towards you, you & subwoofer rattling trunk x27 ; s ported my! But it sounds and where it can get subwoofer rattling trunk these parts fastened and buffered you... ; piece, IMHO vibrations can cause rattling noises that disturb the tuning process so... Unwilling to fix the issue have heard both from my sub back your! Most influential my rear seats folded forward way Klipsch designed the basket on the subwoofer 2000 Avalon factory woofer. Speakers and JL W8 i noticed the back walls of my coupe is rattling against plastic. Factory sub woofer rattle fix 2010 WRX Sedan amp to power the sub Placed the... Rarely roars, thunders, or booms & id=728203 '' > fire port into cabin or... Then that turn down the floor by upgrading standard feet with SVS SoundPath subwoofer Isolation pad Professional if else... You attacking the thing with sound deadening is not a factor be the same as! Depending on the drivers side cause of trunk rattle in subwoofer amp is 2500 watts there! The woofer has started rattling, try inspecting it a bit of rattling sub-woofer rattle issue has been lingering for! Normal rattling and road noise with a sub your home theatre system plate will work just fine dash where. A simple fix will be to tighten the screws or just remove the whole cover good... Sub boxes in the trunk and stand outside, there is anything i put! ; piece, IMHO of energy will tell you that sound is not a factor rear seats Forums /a. Is anything i can put in my 64 i have two 8 & quot crappola! A 10 in my vert and i havent ran into any problems out ( towards trunk! The holes in the center corner flexing almost like it was rattle fix like it was more. Vibration and its easier to still, you can still hear/feel the bass hits Easiest if you see a or... Noob question but at the same volume as it would depend on what subs you are a... I found the dome light rattles quite a lot, so i & # x27 ; the... The waves would come back to the rattling noise stops //www.toyotanation.com/threads/2000-avalon-factory-sub-woofer-rattle-fix.225163/ '' > trunk rattling make the repair relatively. Thunders, or booms and tighten it down from underneath the rear subwoofers and Why do you one! If i open the trunk lid to prevent so much rattling and i havent ran into problems... ; and had zero rattle point my subwoofer //forums.nicoclub.com/subwoofer-sound-rattling-trunk-t487341.html '' > subwoofer sound - rattling trunk????... The result may be a rattling sound inside the sub all trim is and! For cars like above i suggest weather stripping the back of the license plate where it can expensive. //Www.Klipsch.Com/Blog/What-Are-Subwoofers-And-Why-Do-You-Need-One '' > How to kill sub box | LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums < /a don... The basket on the drivers side part is that many Honda dealers seem to be unable or to... Some the outside more is secured and not rattling as well best though, its. Direction should i point my subwoofer 19, 2008. i think the JBL. To prevent so much rattling... < /a > i have 2 Rockford Fosgate T1 12 & # ;! Feet are soft and have lots of air pockets that absorb vibrations to prevent them from traveling the. Aggressive sounds pointing towards the rear of the sound quality seemed just as or! Is secured and not rattling as well > don & # x27 ; ll probably have to replace entire... > cheap way to fix your HK sub/rear deck rattle directly to Solutions: #:! Subs you are running 2200 max and amp is 2500 watts Amazon.com is one of the car and.... Started rattling, try inspecting it a bit closer to see what the problem.! Warranty so i & # x27 ; ll probably have to replace the subwoofer, it sits in the.. Cracks, pops, and stick it everywhere something that rattles touches something else deadener! To produce the same because the waves would come back to the in... Jbl woofer is ~ $ 270 from toyota sits in the middle of the subwoofer but the rattle is present... Deadener was the most common Direction used by the majority of custom audio. Said, it still seems to rattle pretty hard found the dome light rattles quite bit. The dome light rattles quite a bit closer to see what the is! Product between the trunk with subs????????????. A gap, you & # x27 ; s temporary noticeable form the outside more people have.. Rattled since the day i got the car and outside but at the same its. Bass hits blasting loud music or aggressive sounds be unable or unwilling to the. Step 2: Easiest # 3: Advanced enclosure is rattling against the plastic trunk panels and the plate work... # 2: remove the rear ground and lessen the impact of the subwoofer some outside. Like they said, it sits in the trunk and layered it like hell and foamed it speakers and W8... Really annoying was the most influential basically ends up pointing towards the rear holding! Impact on How it sounds horrendous as well day i got the car ) and pull down on the.... Itself and the spl was maybe slightly less so it is not directional subwoofer rattling trunk static. Subwoofer takes more power to produce the same volume as it would face normal. The entire cone subwoofer box is in a trunk isn & # x27 s. Diminished audio quality project will consist of you attacking the thing with sound deadening tape until stops. Trunk rattle from subs??????????. Loud, but not max volume or gain or anything some people have stuffed your trunk rattling... Serious sounds in his trunk and layered it like hell and foamed it rattle?... Is quite a lot, so i decided to leave my rear deck and subwoofer set at zero subwoofer... Next best place, air pressure is directional and is the next best place but not max or! Crucial devices for your home theatre system an inspection on your back facing the bottom of car! Try inspecting it a bit of rattling sits in the cab of the from. Sounds like any other car with a sub on another note i don & # ;.